About this tour
- Suitable for every drawing level.
- Guidance in Dutch and English.
- We draw simple and fast.
- We walk approximately 2.5 kilometers through the center.
- We start with a Polaroid of yours and place it in the middle of a sheet of A4 size paper.
- Around the polaroid we draw typical Rotterdam items such as the Markthal, cube houses, Laurenskerk, statue of Marten Toonder, bicycles and decorative elements from the city and nature.
- I give a demo "Handlettering" (writing in a nice way).
- After a creative, pleasant and relaxed afternoon, you have a home-made personal large "Greetings from Rotterdam postcard".
- You can save the postcard, post it in the mailbox and / or post it on social media.
Starting point I draw Rotterdam
- We meet in the Stayokay Rotterdam lobby, Overblaak 85-87.
- It's located in the (super) Cube house in the Blaakse Bos.
- The starting point is close to Blaak station and also close to the "Kiphof" parking garage (about a 5-minute walk).
- You can safely leave your bicycle in the station's free bike garage.
About the guide
Jeffrey de Bruin
I love Rotterdam! I studied graphic design in Rotterdam and drawing at the art academy in Antwerp. I am the City sketcher of Rotterdam and have been illustrating for more than 10 years.
What an original way to look at a number of well-known buildings in Rotterdam! Not by snapping a quick photo and walking by, but by watching and drawing intently. I highly recommend this tour.
Very nice outing to do! The walk was accompanied by interesting background stories, tasty Dutch cookies, coffee and tea and is definitely worth it! I will gladly join again!
Let's go and sketch for an afternoon! Normally this wouldn't occur to me at all. But what a relief, I was completely relaxed. I can't actually draw, but with the simple pointers you get, you can do more than you think.
Private bookings with AirBnB
€ 35 per person including VAT
With Airbnb you can book in a super simple and fast way. You can read more reviews from previous guests. Airbnb will send a reminder a day before the drawing tour starts. You can easily keep in touch with your guide (Myra) and any other guests. You can leave a review afterwards.
Note the group discounts:
A group of 4 to 5 people will receive a 10% discount (€ 31.50 p.p.). A group of 6 to 8 people will receive a 20% discount (€ 28 p.p.).
(You do not have or want an Airbnb account? Do a business booking with Jeffrey).
Choose a date below to see the availability.
Business bookings with Jeffrey
€ 35 per person excluding VAT
Book with Jeffrey if you organize a business outing, you will receive an invoice by email with 21% VAT.
The drawing tours are given from July to September, every Sunday from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
You can also e-mail us to arrange a different date.