Schiedam city centre
About this tour
- Suitable for every drawing level.
- Guidance in Dutch and English.
- We draw simple and fast.
- We walk approximately 2.5 kilometers through the center.
- We start with a Polaroid of yours and place it in the middle of a sheet of A4 size paper.
- Around the Polaroid we draw typical items from Schiedam such as: windmills, gin glasses, fish, ornaments, images of burner men, bicycles and decorative elements from nature.
- I give a demo "Handlettering" (writing in a nice way).
- After a creative, pleasant and relaxed afternoon, you have your own personal large "Greetings from Schiedam postcard".
- You can save the postcard, post it in the mailbox and / or post it on social media.
Starting point I draw Schiedam
- We meet on the red benches in front of the entrance of the Stedelijk Museum Schiedam.
- The museum is located in the center of Schiedam at the Hoogstraat 112.
- The starting point is close to Schiedam station (about 15 minutes 'walk) and also close to De Nieuwe Passage parking garage (about 5 minutes' walk).
- You can safely leave your bicycle in the free bicycle shed at the station or in front of the museum.
About the guide
Jeffrey de Bruin
Ik hou van Rotterdam en Schiedam! Ik heb Grafische vormgeving gestudeerd en Tekenkunst op de academie in Antwerpen. Ik ben de City sketcher of Rotterdam en illustreer al meer dan 10 jaar.
It was nice to explore the city with a group. No long stories that you'll forget by the end of the day. By drawing, you see better and the places will stay longer in your memory. It was very pleasant.
I already knew Schiedam, but not in this way! We had a lot of fun drawing. And thanks to Jeffrey's explanation we could be proud of the result. It was a well arranged route that ended at a nice museum.
With Jeffrey's explanation and the clear examples he gives, everyone can make a nice memento of an afternoon in Schiedam. The Polaroid and hand lettering complete the postcard. I highly recommend this tour.
Private bookings with AirBnB
€ 35 per person including VAT
I draw Rotterdam is a 'fair weather event'. That is why the drawing tour will be displayed from April 2021. Put a reminder in your agenda on April 1 to check this site for the available dates in 2021.
From April 1, 2021, you can also book with Airbnb. Then choose a date below to check availability.
Business bookings with Jeffrey
€ 35 per person excluding VAT
Organizing a business outing? You will receive an invoice by email with 21% VAT.
I draw Schiedam is a 'fair weather event'. That is why the drawing tour will be displayed from April 2021. Put a reminder in your agenda on April 1 to check this site for the available dates in 2021.