Schiedam city centre
About this tour
- Suitable for every drawing level.
- Guidance in Dutch and English.
- We draw simple and fast.
- We walk approximately 2.5 kilometers through the center.
- We start with a Polaroid of yours and place it in the middle of a sheet of A4 size paper.
- Around the Polaroid we draw typical items from Schiedam such as: windmills, gin glasses, fish, ornaments, images of burner men, bicycles and decorative elements from nature.
- I give a demo "Handlettering" (writing in a nice way).
- After a creative, pleasant and relaxed afternoon, you have your own personal large "Greetings from Schiedam postcard".
- You can save the postcard, post it in the mailbox and / or post it on social media.
Starting point I draw Schiedam
- We meet on the red benches in front of the entrance of the Stedelijk Museum Schiedam.
- The museum is located in the center of Schiedam at the Hoogstraat 112.
- The starting point is close to Schiedam station (about 15 minutes 'walk) and also close to De Nieuwe Passage parking garage (about 5 minutes' walk).
- You can safely leave your bicycle in the free bicycle shed at the station or in front of the museum.
About the guide
Jeffrey de Bruin
I love Rotterdam! I studied graphic design in Rotterdam and drawing at the art academy in Antwerp. I am the City sketcher of Rotterdam and have been illustrating for more than 10 years.
It was nice to explore the city with a group. No long stories that you'll forget by the end of the day. By drawing, you see better and the places will stay longer in your memory. It was very pleasant.
I already knew Schiedam, but not in this way! We had a lot of fun drawing. And thanks to Jeffrey's explanation we could be proud of the result. It was a well arranged route that ended at a nice museum.
With Jeffrey's explanation and the clear examples he gives, everyone can make a nice memento of an afternoon in Schiedam. The Polaroid and hand lettering complete the postcard. I highly recommend this tour.
Private bookings with AirBnB
€ 35 per person including VAT
With Airbnb you can book in a super simple and fast way. You can read more reviews from previous guests. Airbnb will send a reminder a day before the drawing tour starts. You can easily keep in touch with your guide (Myra) and any other guests. You can leave a review afterwards.
Note the group discounts:
A group of 4 to 5 people will receive a 10% discount (€ 31.50 p.p.). A group of 6 to 8 people will receive a 20% discount (€ 28 p.p.).
(You do not have or want an Airbnb account? Do a business booking with Jeffrey).
Choose a date below to see the availability.
Business bookings with Jeffrey
€ 35 per person excluding VAT
Book with Jeffrey if you organize a business outing, you will receive an invoice by email with 21% VAT.
The drawing tours are given from July to September, every Saturday from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
You can also e-mail us to arrange a different date.